Caterpillar Off Campus Recruitment 2020: Caterpillar Inc. is an American Fortune 100 corporation which designs, develops, engineers, manufactures, markets, and sells machinery, engines, financial products, and insurance to customers via a worldwide dealer network. It is the world’s largest construction equipment manufacturer.
Job Profile: Associate Software Engineer
Degree Needed: B.E/B.Tech
Exp Needed: Freshers
Work Location: Chennai
The Associate Software Engineer contributes to design, development and deployment of Caterpillar’s state-of-the-art digital platform. This position will build a world class platform to host a wide range of digital applications.
JOB DUTIES: Responsibilities of the incumbents are across functional lines with individuals assigned in new program development and/or maintenance of existing mobile, WEB, Cloud, server, personal computer, mainframe, and/or distributed computing systems.
- Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Mentor and assist software engineers, providing technical assistance and direction as needed
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Guide the team to develop a structured application/interface code, new program documentation, operations documentation and user guides in a casual, flexible environment
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- The employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- The position manages the completion of its own work assignments and coordinates work with others. Based on past experiences and knowledge, the incumbent normally works independently with minimal management input and review of end results.
- Typical customers include Caterpillar customers, dealers, other external companies who purchase services offered by Caterpillar as well as internal business unit and/or service centre groups.
- The position is challenged to quickly and correctly identify problems that may not be obvious.
- The incumbent solves problems by determining the best course of action, within departmental guidelines, from many existing solutions.
- The incumbent sets priorities and establishes a work plan in order to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results.
- The position participates in brainstorming sessions focused on developing new approaches to meeting quality goals in the measure(s) stated.
This position is for a Windchill Java Developer-
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and support custom user interfaces, stylesheets, batch processes, and integrations for the ACM application.
- Provide development expertise to design, code, debug, test, and integrate/implement complex, medium to large-sized programming tasks.
- Work closely with Caterpillar support and development teams to understand processes, systems, and issues related to
- Prepare and execute product and system testing.
- Create and maintain system documentation.
- Provide IT support during User Acceptance Testing.
Apply Before the link Expires.