Expedia Group Recruitment Hiring: Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) helps knock down the barriers to travel, making it easier, more enjoyable, more attainable, and more accessible. We are here to bring the world within reach for customers and partners around the globe. Our extensive brand portfolio includes some of the world’s most trusted online travel brands, powered by the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our travelers, our teams, and our partners are our priority because we recognize the importance of what we do. Travel makes people better, makes the world better, but it can be complicated and frustrating. Our role is to overcome these challenges, to make travel more accessible – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them the tools to do so.
Job Profile: Software Dev Engineer I
Work Location: India – Gurgaon
Degree Needed: BE/BTech/ME/MTech
Exp Needed: 1+ Yrs
What you will do:
- Design, develop, debug and modify web services within flights’ microservices stack
- Write clean code utilizing object-oriented design principles, data structures and algorithms
- Create and maintain Spring based Java services and components that interact within and outside of Expedia’s technical stack.
- Write automated unit, integration and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines
- Performance and load test services and components you write from scalability and resiliency standpoint
- Practice resilience engineering for every frontend/backend component you build
- Support and maintain the flights services and microservices stack
- Help design and build reusable frameworks and libraries to simplify development
Who you are:
You are not only skilled at programming but an excellent communicator with a bias for action. You have focus and strong sense of ownership. Over time you will grow into a key technical resource capable of full stack development as well as driving cross-team design and architecture reviews.
- You are a voracious learner, especially in the areas of technology, service design patterns and system architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related subject area or equivalent experience
- 1-2+ years full-stack software development experience across multiple technologies, languages and frameworks
- Flexible in getting to know more and understanding both front-end as well as back-end services
- Experience working with Rest APIs and familiarity with development of services using Spring Boot on Cloud.
- Experience using code versioning tools for e.g. Git
- Experience and knowledge around Cloud technologies like AWS is a big plus
- Good communication and ability to explain technical details and challenges
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Ability to work in a diverse organization with global, decentralized teams working across multiple locations.
Apply Before the link Expires.