About GE: GE Healthcare has a global installed base of more than 4 million imaging, mobile diagnostic and monitoring units. In 2019, this business including BioPharma generated approximately $19.9 billion of revenue. As world leaders in pharmaceutical diagnostics for medical imaging, over 90 million patients depend on us every year. It’s this scale and geographic presence that makes this business so exciting and gives us the ability to serve customers and innovate new solutions to meet local needs.
Job Profile: Software Engineer
Company Name: GE Healthcare
Company Location: Bangalore, IN
Degree Needed: B.E/B.Tech/ME/MTech
Role Summary: As Software Engineer for GE Edison Cloud Data Lake, you are working in the team to build the next generation solution for onboarding customers, ingesting clinical data and extracting meta data for non-conventional objects like clinical images and modality specific data. The platform offers search capabilities which allows for building AI models based on the ingested data. You will work along with team members to build the solution based on product team’s input.
In this role, you will:
• Act as a member of GE Edison Cloud Data Lake team, representing the face of high quality design and development practices
• Develop high performing, scalable and innovative end-to-end cloud-based micro services and solutions
• As a part of scrum team, implement and document solutions that are aligned with and extend our portfolio of platform services and solutions
• Write code that complies with company and regulatory standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Create standardized APIs and infrastructure to help facilitate the successful adoption of your services by other internal and external parties. Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, software and product quality, security, application scaling, good documentation practices, refactoring and testing techniques
• Skilled in breaking down problems and documenting problem statements
• Demonstrate the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in Software Development
• Experience with public cloud infrastructures such as AWS or Azure
• Experience developing web applications (Spring, Java, Junit, Python, NodeJS, C#, GO)
• Experience with SQL and No SQL database such as MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, HBase or Cassandra
• Expert understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Familiarity with implementing cloud solutions with Python
• Strong debugging and unit testing skills using a well-known and accepted unit testing framework
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools and CI/CT/CD processes
• Experience with Analytics, machine learning or Medical Imaging is a PLUS.
• Expert in defining work break down structure of all deliverables and estimates them for sizing
• Has the ability to make basic technology comparison and decisions based on pros and cons
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry is plus
• Has the ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver without supervision while using his/her discretion to seek help when necessary
• Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence decisions
• Demonstrates the ability to help team members
• Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present
• Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new software frameworks
• Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
Apply before the link Expires.